Sunday, March 19, 2017

Opening Scene Ideas

      I opened up this piece of research with the goal of finding the characteristics of a good opening scene to a film. I want to research this so I can start thinking about how I want to open up my film opening. Before any research was done, I already understood the importance of the opening scene to a movie as Mrs. Stoklosa has stressed it many times in class lessons. So, I set out to find the key components of great film openings.

      I went to the Pintrest page Mrs. Stoklosa has linked on the syllabus that has a flurry of resources for creating film opening and within this page I found a video showing off a bunch of awesome film openings. This compilation helped me realize that the main components to nailing your initial scene is to establish the setting, set the mood, set the pace, and establish characters. Also, create a very engaging and visually appealing scene that will sharpen the audiences's attention. I realize this seems like a long list but it is necessary to at least check off some of these criteria to have a solid opening. This has already given me ideas with establishing the setting by having an extreme long shot of the neighborhood park to open up. I think this opens the door for an aesthetically pleasing shot as well as serving the important purpose of showing the audience the setting of the film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment