Sunday, March 12, 2017

Deciding on Setting

     While looking at the Pintrest page linked on Mrs. Stoklosa's website, I came across an interesting Youtube Video by D4Darious in which he explains top 15 mistakes beginner filmmakers make. While watching the video I noted a few interesting tips he gave. Tip #1: have a colorful and interesting background in your shots. Tip #2: have dynamic shots with multi-layered depth. Tip #3: lighting and sound are crucial elements in creating a proper film. These were the main takeaways from the video.
     
       With this knowledge in mind, I began to think about where I would like to shoot my thriller film opening. Keep in mind, I plan to include more than one setting in my film opening but I think I will primarily be shooting the footage at my local neighborhood park. This park would be perfect as it allows for an interesting scenery/background. Also it should bode well with the quick paced theme of the story line. Also, the park has a variety of settings that could be utilized including a field, a gazebo, and a playground. This could all come together to produce a interesting and versatile flurry of shots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment