Sunday, March 12, 2017

Finding Target Audience

       Another crucial step in creating the film opening and coming up with characters is looking at what demographics we should be hitting. I found a helpful chart that shows the demographics for the thriller genre. According to this data that was collected in 2006, the under 25 age group is a healthy percentage of the audience for thrillers. Comparatively speaking, it is clear this is the group we will be targeting as our means of distribution will most likely include YouTube which is viewed by younger people.
   
      Also within this article that I linked is the description of the thriller genre. It is characterized by quick cuts and camera angle changes. This fits the interests of the target audience too, as young people generally prefer fast paced story lines. With this in mind I have several strategies I want to employ. Through my research so far, I want to allude to conflict with characters that have a goal and I want to use quick cuts to intensify the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment